As we look to 2014 and consider our areas of leadership, please consider the following thoughts:
Common Characteristics of Successful Leaders:
1. One life- Your life is not segmented into different “roles.” Your life is the summation of every “role!”
2. Family first- Your priority of ministry, service, and leadership is foremost your family!
3. Genuineness- Your ability to be real and sincere is your greatest asset and influence!
4. Private devotion to study/prayer- Your commitment to personal time with God is go utmost importance!
• Am I living a healthy, balanced, “one” life? If not, where do I need to improve and how?
• Is family my first priority of ministry? If not, why not, and how do I plan to correct this?
• Do others consider me genuine? If not, what is the issue and how can you overcome it?
• Is personal time with God a discipline in my life? If not, how will you incorporate this into your schedule?
Common Characteristics of Successful Churches:
1. Simplified Vision- In our case, Becoming a multi-site, merging-generation church primarily in the metro Denver!
2. Strategic Mission- In our case, Making disciples in Learning, Living, and Serving environments!
3. Sensitivity in Ministry- In our case, Ministries/Programs are determined by the real needs of our mission field!
4. Strengthen the Main Things- In our case, Resourcing what matters to facilitate our vision and mission!
• As a leader in GCC, is my vision in complete alignment with GCC, and how can I help others to be so focused?
• As a leader in GCC, am I influencing others in these 3 critical environments, and how can I better do so?
• As a leader in GCC, do I accept the philosophy that the real needs and characteristics of our target mission field is why and how we develop ministry, and how can I further lead others in this understanding?
• As a leader in GCC, am I committed to both “being a resource” and ensuring we are resourcing the “main things”, and influencing others to do the same?
Please be encouraged to forward this to your leaders, etc., as well as copy and paste to a document for future reference. Also, thank you for your faithful leadership and dedication to GCC and our leadership team! I’m convinced that 2014 promises to be a year of growth in every context.
Joshua 1:6-9 “Be strong and courageous, for you are the one who will lead these people to possess all the land I swore to their ancestors I would give them. 7 Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the instructions Moses gave you. Do not deviate from them, turning either to the right or to the left. Then you will be successful in everything you do. 8 Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do. 9 This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”